At Don Adamson in Brainerd field runners were racing, baseball, softball, and lacrosse being played. A Rainbow appeared later on the field and a couple days later a dual blade helicopter when by. May 2-5
Brainerd Minnesota Lakes area is a regional shopping, industrial, and tourism center. There are many nearby resorts that take advantage of the many nearby lakes including Gull Lake. The Mississippi River flows right through Brainerd with five road/highway bridges and one railroad bridge crossing it. There is also the Paul Bunyan Trail, a bowling alley in Brainerd, Movie theater in Baxter, Amusement Parks in area. Brainerd is also home to one of the Central Lakes College campuses. More in General Info and Business Directory.
Around June is the time of year of the most deer -car crashes. The grown up fawns have separated from the doe.
June is also railroad crossing safety month...Read more
Some video clips from the Brainerd high school graduation.
- For some it is Memorial Day weekend.
- some it is when school gets out.
- for meteorological summer in Minnesota June 1st is the date normally used.
- For astronomical summer it goes by the day with the longest daylight
- in Northern Hemisphere is June 20 2017
- in Southern Hemisphere it is December 21 2017
- Have a Happy Summer
Brainerd HRA's office and upper North StarApartments parking lots were resurfaced spring 2017. Part of the North Star upper lot was approved by the HRA to be rented to the organization / business next to it.